Tuesday, November 8, 2011

GPA

Since my children went to Montessori school and then were homeschooled, they have never received a report card until this year. So this was my 1st chance to be a really good mom and not put pressure on my kids because of grades.

And I got an "F" for failure!

L1 got a 99% in spelling.

My response? How could you not have gotten a 100%? You never missed a spelling word. How do I know? They are all on my refrigerator. This will be brought up at conferences on Thursday.

He also got a 94% in math. This was yet another chance for me to say, "Good job." I probably don't even need to write anymore because if you know me at all, you know I DIDN'T say that.

I know in my heart that letter grades do not mean anything. So we'll see what this new 9 weeks brings.

Life lesson #5247

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could say something other then the sad truth!!! I am very very upset, almost to the point of tears when I get less then a 95% on anything!!! I have NO clue how I am going to get through this experience!!!!
    B

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the teacher never gives 100% in spelling because there's always room for improvement?

    ReplyDelete