Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Meribah, Meribah

When I was in high school, we used to sit in Math Analysis class and keep a running list of everything that irritated us. This not only passed the time (because that class was incredibly boring) but it also was a way to vent all of that teenage angst.

Today was a rainy, dreary day and I feel like venting. So here is a list of things that irritate me. If it offends you, get over it. They are things that irritate ME. They do not mean I don't like you if you are into any of this stuff. Also, I know that there is world hunger and people struggling with disease and many other awful things that are way more important than my selfish complaints. But it's my blog and I feel like complaining. It's cheaper than therapy and better for me than junk food. Feel free to add your own.

1.Bicyclists - especially on my road
2.Speed Limits - same as #1
3.Katy Perry - everything about her irks me
4.Jennifer Lopez - same as #3
5.Sheryl Crow - there is something about her voice that makes my skin crawl
6.Chris Tomlin - same as #5 only change her to his
7.Buzz cuts
8.Seeing "your" confused with "you're" as in, You're annoying me with your grammatical errors!
9.Halloween
10.People who leave their Christmas lights turned on every night until March
11.People who post pictures but leave them turned horizontally even though the rotate button is right there in the corner
12.Mean people
13.Numbered lists
Flies
Caged birds
Cupboard doors being left open
When there are no baggers at the grocery store. Either pay the cashiers more to bag my groceries or charge me less for my having to bag them myself.
When there is not a single song on the radio that I like
Commercials
Reality T.V.
People who yell at their kids in public
People who talk really loudly
Those little caricature stickers on mini-vans that show every family member and the pets- Dad is always grilling, Mom is shopping, the kids are all super happy with their super happy hobbies and the animals are all the same breed/size
When people give out candy as prizes to my children
Christian fiction books
That there is nowhere to put an umbrella when you get into a car. You either put it in the backseat and get wet as you get into the driver's seat or you put it on the passenger side thus getting the driver's seat all wet. There needs to be an umbrella that completely folds into itself and then there should be a special umbrella pocket (like a cup holder) on the inside of car doors.
That they do not teach skills during soccer practice
Gossip
People with no sense of humor

That's about it. For now. As for the post title meaning: My mother used to say that to me every time I complained.I guess they will be revoking my Most Positive Mental Attitude Award!

No comments:

Post a Comment