Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Hot-N-Ready

People find solace in lots of different ways. There are 18,700,000 results on Google for "solace". None of which I read because they do not bring me assuagement. (I did;however, use the online thesaurus.)

When I find myself in need of some comfort I like to go somewhere by myself to read. Tonight I was trying to figure out where I could go when my h. suggested I go to Barnes & Noble because, well, there are already a lot of books there. He then added as long as I don't spend $5 on a cup of coffee and $7 on a slice of cheesecake. I grabbed my book and headed out but decided that since I didn't have dinner, I might not be able to resist the cheesecake. Instead I tried to think of where I was craving to dine.

If I had to pick only one food to eat for the rest of my life it would be pizza. Little Caesars has the cheapest pizza around and it is hot-n-ready (who was the marketing genius that came up with that one?) but they are carry-out only. This placed me in need of some decision making. Do I eat somewhere that is $2/slice or buy an entire pizza at $6 for 8 slices but have nowhere to eat it? I went for the entire pie. So now I am driving along with the smell of hot, delicious pizza next to me when I think that I also really want Coldstone Creamery.

When my h. called, he asked if I had made it to Barnes & Noble.
"Not exactly."
"Well, then where are you?"

So...I told him the truth. That I was sitting in the car in the parking lot outside of Coldstone Creamery eating pizza from a box and finishing it off with chocolate cake batter ice cream mixed with cookie dough and fudge while reading chick lit. And at $6 for the pizza and $5 for the ice cream, I had actually SAVED $1.

It was actually quite peaceful and I felt really renewed when I arrived home.
And full. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment