Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Haven't you ever ridden on that streetcar?

My first "official" play is officially over. I have very mixed feelings about it. The play itself was a little too risque for my taste but well written and well performed by the leads.

I didn't have a huge part but I did get a dressing room, met some interesting people and had a completely new experience.

It did take an incredible amount of time away from my family and during show week my youngest son actually said, "I hate Streetcar!" Although, it does seem that every time you are away from your family you appreciate them more when you finally return. I have to admit that I wasn't really bit by the theater bug but it was still rewarding to conquer something completely out of my comfort zone.

And I won the Paper Bag Award for most relevant tattoo!

2 comments:

  1. So glad you went outside your box! It's important that we remember to take the time to do something for ourselves every once in a while...even if that thing doesn't end up being our cup of tea.

    I audition for a show this weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still amazed you did this...jealous, really, at how brave you are!

    ReplyDelete