I have made yet another mommy mistake.
Several weeks ago my youngest son "misplaced" his DSi. Being the fabulous parents we are we lectured him on his responsibilities. Being the apathetic child he is he simply stated that he could still play his old DS so there was really no foul.
Nary a day passed that we did not mention this great loss, the great expense of the item and the great disappointment we felt.
Now, I am not a fan of breakfast and rarely partake of this early morning ritual. However, this morning I was feeling uncharacteristically hungry, found some instant oatmeal in the cupboard and decided that since this did not require any preparation on my part, it would suffice. I also rarely use sugar but since the oatmeal wasn't exactly tasty, I decided to channel Emeril and "kick it up a notch". As I reached for the sugar my hands came across a rectangular shaped object, hesitantly pulled it towards me and upon seeing this off-centered cyclops, I gasped. Sudden realization hit me.
I had apparently taken the DSi when the youngest had been misusing his privilege and put it out of his reach. Unfortunately, both he and I forgot about this little incident.
I have just 4 hours before I have to pick him up from school. That should be sufficient time to prepare my apology speech. Either that or I stash it in his room where he could conveniently "find" it...
Teachable moments...for us... ;-)
ReplyDeleteSo...disclosure or discovery? The latter idea made me chuckle!
ReplyDeleteI say option 2, but I guess I am a bit late in reading this...
ReplyDelete