It's after midnight. My oldest child wants brownies as his birthday treat for school. I had rice krispie treats. Why couldn't he have told me this earlier?
I am out of eggs.
He is in my room, in his pj's. He had a bad dream. I need my Momma, he says.
Boy, I understand that one.
I look at your beautiful freckles, your long eyelashes, your little lips and the way that you breathe when you sleep. I remember the day you were born. And now you're turning 9 and you act like you don't need me. You don't want me to pick you up from school...hold the umbrella over your head when it's raining...make sure you remembered to wear your hat. I'm just the "mom". I'm not cool like your friends. I "just don't know what it's like".
Dear Son,
You are Amazing. I didn't understand what love was until you came along. Your very essence is what I long for. With you I feel every emotion. I am in love with you, I am afraid for you, I dream every dream with you, I comfort you in your nightmares, I rejoice with you in every victory, I fight every battle for you...or at least I wish I could. I would take on every demon, beat down every bully...make every day your golden ticket, give you the key to the wardrobe...be cheering you on when you pulled the sword from the stone.
You Are My Hero!
Conquer the world, my dear child.
Checkmate!
Love,
Mommy
Thanks,I love it!
ReplyDelete