Friday, June 3, 2011

Emotional Girls Should All Wear Mood Rings

10 AM and the tears have started to flow. Today I drove my baby to his last full day of kindergarten. Monday is a formality as we have to show up to school for a few hours and then head off to the school picnic at the amusement park.

We made some school decisions this past year that probably seemed rather odd to some people but looking back they were the absolute BEST! I thank God for this year and I know that no matter what happens with our schooling decisions in the future...I will never forget the blessings this year has brought.

Our family was so blessed (I just can't use that word enough) as our children were able to attend Montessori school for the last 4 years and have phenomenal teachers who cared for and loved them. It will be so weird for me not to see Miss Liza & Miss Sharon every day. I started to cry as soon as I saw them this morning.

While the youngest finished his last year at P-M, we made a last minute decision last August to homeschool our 8 year old. I remember saying one time before I had children that I would NEVER homeschool. Never say never. That adage has appeared to be truthful more than once. I will never regret the decision! What a year! Today is his official last day and he just wrote his final journal entry. I just have to share it (as the tears flow).

Today is your last day of 2nd grade. How do you feel? Write about your year.

I feel great. This is the best year so far. The work was easy though it was fun and exiting. I liked the field trips. I will keep this year as a memory. Mom, you have encouraged me so much. I know we had some fights, but we got through this year. I went one more step in my adventure in life.

I'm not even going to make him go back and correctly spell "exciting".

Tonight is another high school graduation where another of my former students is graduating. I have a feeling this crying thing is going to last all day!

God is so good to me. Although I am so unworthy, He truly has never left me nor forsaken me.

No comments:

Post a Comment