I have 2 little boys playing with my 2 at our house today and they have been such a joy! It always seems that when you add some other children to the mix, it makes your own children get along better for the day. We ordered pizza for lunch and then for snack I made it a real party by giving them orange juice instead of water!
After they submerged from the video game vortex (or actually when I dragged them out screaming) we decided on a game of tag. Being the mother of boys, I am smart enough to have nothing breakable in the rooms of my home. I also have older furniture. I like to think of it as child proofing, rather than that I am just cheap (except for the dining room which we gate off as the "museum room".) So tag is pretty much a free-for-all of running throughout my house. We had deemed the couch as "base" which makes for a softer landing when one dives onto it as opposed to the stairs or the fireplace. When my youngest son was tagged "it" he declared that the love seat was another base. I refereed telling him that only the couch was base and he was indeed "it". He kept arguing his case when I pulled out the whammy:
"Well, I'm the mother and this is my house and I said that only the couch is base so you're it!"
I followed it up with the appropriate, "Neener-neener-neener!"
Some may call this type of behavior from the adult of the house ludicrous. I call it just plain fun. Although I did realize that I should probably apologize and be a better example. So I of course called a "time out."
Whose father has an apple tree anyway? And why do we have to get off it?
Anyway, it was a fun day.
"Time in."
No comments:
Post a Comment